About to buy a Pacific Energy Vista. Should I ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Phineas1731

Narrowing down a wood stove for supplemental use. I live in NE Canada. Newfoundland. Stove being out in 300+ sq. ft family room - single storey addition to a 1950’s 2 storey 2000 sq. ft house. Not expecting to heat whole house, but would like supplemental heat/warmth on main level to reduce heat costs. Ideally, some overnight heating capacity, but again, not needing complete heating. I work from home, so I wouldnt mind loading wood during the day, but don’t want to be at it every few hours !!!! My wife likes the Pacific Energy Vista ($2500 CAN) I prefer something a little bigger for a little less price. Does it exist or should I just say yes to PE Vista ?

Narrowing down a wood stove for supplemental use. I live in NE Canada. Newfoundland. Stove being out in 300+ sq. ft family room - single storey addition to a 1950’s 2 storey 2000 sq. ft house. Not expecting to heat whole house, but would like supplemental heat/warmth on main level to reduce heat costs. Ideally, some overnight heating capacity, but again, not needing complete heating. I work from home, so I wouldnt mind loading wood during the day, but don’t want to be at it every few hours !!!! My wife likes the Pacific Energy Vista ($2500 CAN) I prefer something a little bigger for a little less price. Does it exist or should I just say yes to PE Vista ?
Take a look at the models offered by Drolet. The Vista has a small 1.6 cu/ft firebox. Look at the 2.0 cu/ft or larger offerings for more desirable burn times. Chances are you will be reloading the Vista when you would prefer to be sleeping.

I get good burn times over night with my pacific energy fp16 (1.6cu ft zero clearance fireplace) load it tight at 10pm and I have coals at 530-6am

Take a look at the Super. It’s a bit larger. Same firebox baffle design, and will give you a bit more heating capacity.

But you would be able to make the vista work.

A little bigger, would be 2 cu ft. That would be the PE Super or it's value cousin, the True North TN20.