AC hard start kit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rob711

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2017
Long Island, ny
Anyone use one, I’m noticing some lights dim when cac compressors start.

I know a few people that have installed them in RV's to keep from tripping their generators on ac startup.

I should have clarified, I believe 4 ton units, one for each floor. There new and properly wired. It’s not bad, I think led lights are more sensitive, it’s not terrible, just annoying. I believe the extra capacitor will help reduce the voltage fluctuations for the whole house as well as increase longevity of ac.
Like everything else lots of options, 2 wire vs 3, relay vs no relay. I found one made in America I think I’ll go with.
Amazon product ASIN B07F3H174Q

All ten units on the roof of a building I manage has them.

Reactions: Rob711
I installed them yesterday. My earmeter tells me there’s a difference. That initial lug sound is gone. The freaking kitchen light still flickers though! Hopefully if anything it will extend the lives of my compressors.