AC to Battery conversion on blower...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kim Anthony

Mar 25, 2021
Spring, TX
I have a gas fan control model 4021-229-B rev c...yes, ollllldddd...like it's owner...was wondering if i can convert it to have a batter backup, but can't find the spec sheet on this model....like amp and wattage? do they run on a standard amp and wattage where i can just use the current fan's spec ? any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

What unit is the blower in - Manufacturer & model?
LOL! I shoulda included that obvious info...muh bad...the fan is hooked up to a heatilador direct vent fireplace. the fireplace has a battery back up to start the pilot when the power was out, but the fan doesn't run on these DD batteries. I was looking at the setup and wondered if i can sub the fan's power supply with a battery/portable source of power instead. ..ok...as i was typing this, i got the answer from another source...it looks like i have to provide a consistent 110Amp hard wired power to the neutral box which the fan control is connected to for the fan to run. soooo....either i hook it up to a "generator" per the dude who answered my question, or it no worky...aside from a gas run generator, any ideas on how i can get this kinda power on battery?

"Wow Provide that type of power out of battery will be very difficult "provide a consistent 110Amp". What size wires does this use? Now if your taking Volts that is different. I get 12 hours out of my AIMS 1250 to run my Pellet Stove for Outages. It uses two 100ah Batteries. If you need more get Inverter Generator. I like ones that run on Propane. Propane does not go bad like gas will.

"Wow Provide that type of power out of battery will be very difficult "provide a consistent 110Amp". What size wires does this use? Now if your taking Volts that is different. I get 12 hours out of my AIMS 1250 to run my Pellet Stove for Outages. It uses two 100ah Batteries. If you need more get Inverter Generator. I like ones that run on Propane. Propane does not go bad like gas will.
Yeah...the dude pretty much says no battery can provide that kind of amperage. i think hooking the whole thing to a propane generator may be the way to go...or solar backup battery like one of those tesla wall or something like that...sigh...was hoping for a simpler and cheaper solution LOL

If you meant 110 volts AC then you can easily hook an inverter to a battery to get that. Hard to say how long the battery would last.

Reactions: Kim Anthony
P.S. to run a motor on an inverter, it's best to look for a "pure sine" inverter. They are a bit more expensive than the "modified sine" aka square wave inverters. The pure sine will be more efficient and not burn up your fan motor.

Reactions: Kim Anthony