Accentra 52i combustion motor replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

chitwood24

Jan 18, 2019
Pittsburgh Pa
Hello All...

I have a 2014 Harman Accentra 52i and the combustion motor bearings are shot. It's very loud and to the point were i'm going to replace it. Does anyone have any tips or tricks before I start? It seems pretty simple after I get the fan off.

Thanks!

Chitwood

I’m not a dexterous as I used to be so I just had a technician due the job. In watching him, getting the fan blade off was the big thing. He did do a lot of the work by feel, with his left hand fudging with the fan side and rings hand reaching around the backside but this was necessary because he only pulled out the stove part way. If you take the stove completely out of the hearth, I imagine the job will be easier. You’ll be happy with the new blower. You don’t realize how bad the sound the old blower was until you fire up the stove with the replacement.

Hello All...

I have a 2014 Harman Accentra 52i and the combustion motor bearings are shot. It's very loud and to the point were i'm going to replace it.

Wow -- is this normal? How many hours of operation (I realize now that an "hour meter" on these would be handy)? Mine is perhaps a year older than yours.

I almost always have to use a plumbers torch to heat up the fan blade collar to get the set screw to break loose. I heat the collar on the opposite side of the set screw. If you heat the screw it makes it just want to round out. I always replace the fan blade. They are cheap and after heating it, Im sure something about it gets compromised.

Thanks for the input. I have a fan blade on order. Can't do much with it now anyway with the cold weather that moved in last night.

I don't know exactly how many hours I have on it, but I'm sure it's below average. I mainly use it as supplementary heat when it gets below 32 degrees. Usually burn less than 2 tons a year.