Accentra FS burn pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Oct 23, 2006
My 2006 Accentra FS is back from the shop having gone through a rebuild including the burn pot replacement. I see there are no holes at the bottom near the auger.
When did Harman change this design? Must be a modification to fix air flow problems years ago. Stove is burning much cleaner now. Very little build up to scrape.
Paul

Reactions: jackman
I'm curious since I have the same year stove. Are you saying there are no holes in the burn pot or just fewer holes?

My 2006 Accentra FS is back from the shop having gone through a rebuild including the burn pot replacement. I see there are no holes at the bottom near the auger.
When did Harman change this design? Must be a modification to fix air flow problems years ago. Stove is burning much cleaner now. Very little build up to scrape.
Paul
My original burn pot had holes at the bottom right hear the auger -- probably 5 or so. They are gone on the new burn pot but it still has several rows of holes at the top. I'll check tomorrow. Not sure if there are more rows than the old one. I had the sticky/smoke in the hopper problem years ago before any mods were done.
Paul

Reactions: jackman
Harman got rid of the holes as they were causing damage to the auger tip w we it’s the flame too close and heat damaging the tips in some stoves

Reactions: Mt Bob and jackman