Accentra Insert - Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rugley

Jan 16, 2018
Maine
Hi All,

I purchased a house recently and it came with a Harman Accentra Insert. With being in the mist of winter in New England and wanting to curb heating costs I'm unsure of the best setting to put the stove at and was hoping that I could get some advice.

I have tried to do a lot of research and most here suggest setting your stove to room temperature for the best results. But through a cleaning I found that the temperature probe is positioned under the unit where the air intake is, so its not getting a true "room temperature" reading. So with that said at this moment I do not feel this setting would be best for my situation. Until the probe is rerouted and moved.

So I have been trying to use the stove temperature mode, what is the best suggestion for this? I only use the stove when i'm home and its a supplemental heat source right now. For my situation would it be correct to put the exhaust temperature setting to 6 or 7 and adjust the feed rate accordingly to get the most heat out of the stove for the times it is in use? Or am I interpreting what I have found thus far incorrectly?

Overall I don't want to burn more pellets for the same amount of heat. What would be the most efficient setting for my current predicament?

Thank you all for your time and help.

Hi All,

I purchased a house recently and it came with a Harman Accentra Insert. With being in the mist of winter in New England and wanting to curb heating costs I'm unsure of the best setting to put the stove at and was hoping that I could get some advice.

I have tried to do a lot of research and most here suggest setting your stove to room temperature for the best results. But through a cleaning I found that the temperature probe is positioned under the unit where the air intake is, so its not getting a true "room temperature" reading. So with that said at this moment I do not feel this setting would be best for my situation. Until the probe is rerouted and moved.

So I have been trying to use the stove temperature mode, what is the best suggestion for this? I only use the stove when i'm home and its a supplemental heat source right now. For my situation would it be correct to put the exhaust temperature setting to 6 or 7 and adjust the feed rate accordingly to get the most heat out of the stove for the times it is in use? Or am I interpreting what I have found thus far incorrectly?

Overall I don't want to burn more pellets for the same amount of heat. What would be the most efficient setting for my current predicament?

Thank you all for your time and help.
I am not a fan of "Room TEMP" mode, I feel it uses more pellets, but it does burn hotter, actually it was 5*F a few nights ago & I did have it on room temp & the dang thing kicked the fan off when my heat pump kicked in; I like you also use my stove for supplemental heat. I typically run the feed rate on 5 & adjust the other dial to fit my wife's inner thermometer!!!