Accentra not igniting on stove temp mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Scott from NH

Oct 19, 2017
Pelham
First time poster here. I have a Harman Accentra free standing pellet stove which I’ve had for about five years now and recently it’s failed to ignite when on stove temp mode only. Any idea why that would happen? That’s it. Thanks. Scott from NH.

Welcome to the forum. Have you run the self test? Turn the thermostat up all the way and try it then report back any findings.

And do I use the stove temp mode when I use the test mode??
It doesn't matter. The test mode will tell you if everything is working correctly. See page 7 of the manual for more info.

So I went through the test mode on room temp and all that’s happening is the combustion and distribution blowers cycle on and off but that’s it. What do I do next?

Turn the temp dial all the way up. Then try turning the Stove Temp/Room Temp dial back and forth quickly. Then see if works in the Stove Temp mode. The Harman stoves are notorious for having control knobs with dead spots on the potentiometer. I call it a ratty pot. You can search these forums with those terms and find lots of other posts.

Also, if you light it in room temp mode and then move the control to stove temp does it stay lit and continue to run?