Accidental Test Result

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet1

Hearth Supporter
Oct 3, 2008
Nova Scotia
Cold here in NS today, so I had just added a new bag of pellets to my almost empty hopper. I had been burning Eastern Ember softwood pellets, but I grabbed a bag of Lignetics hardwood pellets and dumped them on top of the others. About 15 mins. later, my neighbour drops by and while we were chatting about the stoves, he noticed my thermometer setup and commented that it was reading 212F on the left and 225F on the right. I explained that when the temp reaches 225F, the thing starts to beep. Well, about 5 mins. later, we hear the beep, and he looked at the thermometer, which was now reading 227F on the left. There had been no adjustments made to the stove, so the only thing that we could think of was that the Lignetics had finally reached the auger and burner, and do in fact burn a bit hotter than the softwood pellets. I kinda knew that but this is nice proof, I think.

Yep, seems to have given good results even when you didn't expect them. Lignetics are GREAT pellets....as long as I can find them and the price isn't excessive, they are going to be my #1 pellet next winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.