Acumen remote issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifixjetz1

Oct 26, 2016
Hampshire, Illinois
Ive been having issues with my acumen model D remote. Lately when using the auto function, my avalon agp wont turn off after the room temp is reached. i will have the remote set for 65 and it is 75 in the room and still calling for heat. Ive replaced batteries in the remote and relearned. only works in manual mode. Are acumen remotes garbage? I may end up doing a hard wire a t stat if i cant get this to work

How old is the stove/remote? Stove functions fine itself in response to set temperatures? Is the stove on surge protection? Just wondering if it is a problem with the stove itself and not the remote. A search on the forum doesn't show a lot of issues...

How is the tstat program set on the stove itself? There are three modes page 26 of the manual
http://www.lopistoves.com/TravisDocs/100-01330.pdf

Let us know if it is the remote itself or ?

New stove, New controller. Installed 2 months ago. The Stove works great when not in T-stat mode. When In T stat mode, I can only control it on/off only. Auto mode wont shut off when the hand held has reached the set temp. Just don't know if its worth fixing this and just going with a wired thermostat. Ive read that the Skytech are better as far as reliability goes but don't feel like shelling out $200 for one. I have the stove set on Program 1.

Checked all connections to the unit attached to the stove? Unplugged to "reset" on that unit? May want to try a reset on the stove as well. Minor power fluctuations can create problems. Surge protected as well?

Skytech may be the answer if the remote gets too frustrating. May be worth the $200 just to be done..

PS Spoke to the dealer?

Everything has been reset. Ive re-learned the transmitter/ reciever several times. Connections are fine because I can still control the stove remotely with the on/off function on my wireless transmitter, auto mode wont stop calling for heat thus starting the shut down process on my stove. I am Surge protected. I may call the dealer and see what he can do, but he is a 1.5 hour drive from my house as far as getting replacement controllers ect. Im surprised no one on here has any inputs on this brand of remote. Maybe there is a reason

Stove is on warranty so dealer should be the one to support ... even if they had to drive the 1.5 hours. They got the mark-up!

Status
Not open for further replies.