Acutron iv board issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bob huehne

Dec 2, 2013
wisconsin
Hello I have an older pelpro or dansons flat top stove I don't know the model number can't find it but it had an Accutron II control board in it when I got it that was no good about 6 years ago I replaced it with an acutron iv 5 used it very little for 1 winter and the stove sat 5 years. Started using it again this year been working fine now all of a sudden it won't turn on and I have lights blinking all over the board when I plug it in fan speed light starts at the top and blinks down the red light for the temperature setting blink rapidly and nothing turns on it doesn't even start the exhaust fan I did put a brand new exhaust fan in it a couple of months ago. It's a garage heater that gets used very little but I'm wondering if this thing fried another control board if so it's going to the Boneyard for what parts cost for this old beater.

I've searched high and low and I can't seem to find a real good manual to tell me what the blinking likes mean if there's codes for that or not any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Bob

Hi Bob welcome to the forums
Since you have upgraded the control board the original manual wouldn’t be of much help at least for codes. Have you checked the wire harness for any issues, mice like wires. I found this while looking for acutron iv

Chack this video

Issue resolved! She's not going to the Boneyard yet. When I went to clean the chimney this fall it was completely plugged up with the bird's nest so I took the chimney apart cleaned everything good clean the stove out and fired it up. Didn't take long till the exhaust fan went out there was bird stuck in it so I put a new exhaust fan on it and it's worked fine ever since. Just check the new exhaust fan it would not spin freely so I took it off and there was two small birds wedged in and again I guess they wanted to return home. Luckily it did not fry my new fan I cleaned it out and fired it back up and it's working like a champ! Going to have to put some mesh screen or something over the exhaust outlet outside maybe chicken wire I don't want something too small that will restrict the airflow.

Attachments

• 20200125_072609.jpg
    20200125_072609.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 152