Adapting to hart and cooley td

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.denius

Sep 16, 2013
I've been searching the Internet and came across this forum. I was given a hart and cooley model td chimney system.
I've been searching and found a adapter from td to tlc but it looks like they don't even make tlc any more..... I'd really like to use this stuff cause it is basically brand new and in perfect condition. But I need about 15 more feet of pipe.... Is there any thing that will adapt?

I've read that tlc is the same as super net but do not know if it is true.

Please help. I need to get this chimney up soon.

Thanks in advance

Realistically, only the tech people over at Hart and Cooley could give you the go ahead on something like this.

Chances are that one pipe and other match up in terms of size and fastening methods. The difference is probably in the exact testing method, the formulation of the insulation, etc.

TLC is the same as Super-Vent, the difference is that TLC is non-magnetic 304 stainless inside and out and has a satin finish, other than that, there is no difference.
TLC is still made, I install it a few times a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: begreen and webbie
Thank you webby. that is what i was wondering. so i can realisticly buy the 8td-tlca adapter from hart and cooley and then buy the super-vent pipe because it is much cheaper then the TLC?

^^^^ am i correct on thinking this?^^^^^
I'm not familiar with Hart and Cooley td. Is that stove pipe or chimney?
I know for sure that TLC and super-vent are the same and are interchangeable.

J- I'm in the same boat. according to another thread here, there is an adapter for the male end of the HD, and the female end is a slip-fit that just requires screws to secure. Adapter part is 8TD-TLC-A, but I am having trouble finding a retailer. So we're half way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.