Adding Buderus oil boiler to EKO 40 System

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hartkem

Jan 24, 2012
KC
Some of you may have seen my EKO 40 Wood/waste oil hybrid post where I adapted a waste oil converted beckett burner to the bottom of my EKO 40. I've had such a positive experience with the waste oil burner adapted to my EKO 40 I pulled the trigger on a new Buderus G115 WS5 3 pass boiler so I can have a separate boiler for wood and waste oil. I will be primarily heating with the waste oil and using the wood when ever I feel like going out to fire up or to supplement the oil when heating my shop as well. I don't need the ability of the oil boiler to come on automatically if the wood boiler goes cold, i'm fine just turning valves manually. I believe all I need to do is Tee the Buderus into the lines going to my 500 gallon storage tank which is in my basement. I can then manually isolate either boiler when i'm using the other one with ball valves. The EKO and the buderus will be in an outbuilding 150' away. I've attached a picture of my current plumbing with the Buderus added on
IMG_8061[1].JPG