advantage plus (wp7) will only operate on heat output 3 or higher?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

araratriver

Nov 14, 2019
any suggestions? i just bought this "like new" stove and the board went mad (blinking and shut down issues)....so, i replaced the board. now, the stove will only heat on 3 or higher.....who has the codes to set the board to work at it's optimum? any other suggestions?

we are talking about a whitfield advantage plus correct? what does it do on 1 & 2? the board i had doesn't have codes. it had heat settings and blower settings. thast far from a new stove. but they were a pretty good heater.

i don't understand your reply. yes, wp7, advantage plus, board 12055902 that has control settings at the bottom of the board..... so, my question is what would cause this unit to only work at a heat setting of 3 or above. i did an experiment yesterday: stove working for 3 days straight and i changed the heat setting to 2...the stove stopped within 30 minutes.

Can you post a picture of your board.

The board has a prblem. If it works on 3 and up but not 1&2