Advice for Buying the Breckwell SP 6000 - On Order But I Could Change My Mind

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mischinski

Jul 22, 2008
Eastern PA
Hello All:

I am new to this forum as I am entering the world of alternative heating. I look forward to your support.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Breckwell SP 6000? I have one on order from Rural King which is back ordered until mid August, so still have time to change my mind. The decision was difficult - I found a review on line and the top rated stove was a Harman and the best rated budget stove was a Breckwell (different model). I wanted multi fuel and a high BTU output with a good rating. Rural King had them for $1500 and I did not want to make a huge investment at this point not knowing if this was the right way to go. Their web site is a bit short on specs specifically BTU output for pellets (50K for corn). It is not an auto stop and start (not sure if that is a must have feature).

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I have made at leat a one season commitment - purchased 2 tons of pellets. Is this enough for this stove? I live in eastern PA just outside Philly.

Thanks for any help, Mark

Mark M said:
Hello All:

I am new to this forum as I am entering the world of alternative heating. I look forward to your support.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Breckwell SP 6000? I have one on order from Rural King which is back ordered until mid August, so still have time to change my mind. The decision was difficult - I found a review on line and the top rated stove was a Harman and the best rated budget stove was a Breckwell (different model). I wanted multi fuel and a high BTU output with a good rating. Rural King had them for $1500 and I did not want to make a huge investment at this point not knowing if this was the right way to go. Their web site is a bit short on specs specifically BTU output for pellets (50K for corn). It is not an auto stop and start (not sure if that is a must have feature).

Any advice is greatly appreciated as I have made at leat a one season commitment - purchased 2 tons of pellets. Is this enough for this stove? I live in eastern PA just outside Philly.

Thanks for any help, Mark

I can only speak of the auto start. If the stove`s operation shuts it on/off and necessitates the auto start feature to be employed repeatedly and often this could use a significant amount of electricity and undoubtedly would reduce the life expectancy of the auto start unit itself.
On the other hand manually lighting a pellet stove once a day or more can get to be be a PITA on warmer months when you need only a few hours of heat per day. It is an extra step that isn`t required with auto start.
Everything in life has tradeoffs and this feature is no exception.
John

Status
Not open for further replies.