Advice Needed Turn Pellet Stove On/Off Remotely from a Smart Phone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Catskillmtnent

Oct 15, 2019
Saugerties, NY
Hey Folks,
I have a Summers Heat (Englander) Smart Stove model 55-SHSS-P01. I would like to be able to turn it On/Off remotely via my smartphone. Wondering how to accomplish this, It has 2 modes; Manual and Thermo. however when it is in Thermo and the temp is satisfied it will slow down to its lowest setting. This time of year I dont need to run the stove 24/7, even if it runs at the lowest setting the house will be stifling.

There is a sequence to start the stove 1. press On (Message;Did you clean the burn pot appears), 2 Hold on for 3 seconds to confirm and then the start up fans come on and auger turns as well as the igniter.

The control Board Model # PU-CB14 has a temp sensor loop which Hangs out of the back of the stove and when interrupted (or unplugged from control board) will shut the stove down on Room High Temp. There is also a T-stat marking on the control board next to where the temp sensor plugs in that appears to be a jumper plug.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: