Advice on blower motor for Regency Hampton HI300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JT (Alabama 24)

Jan 13, 2021
Forest, VA
The blower fan on our Regency Hampton HI300 went from an occasional rattle to a constant and loud whine. I saw some posts on this website where some users indicated that the "lubricated" the ball bearings. I purchased some "3 in 1 Oil" but don't know what I am doing. Any suggestions? If I need to replace the unit, are there any suggestions for where to purchase? I noticed one website claiming to have the OEM. Amazon has replacement units. Thanks for your help!

tempImageUGWqYk.jpg

Sleeve bearings have a felt wick surrounding them that holds the oil. Usually, ball bearings are permanently packed with grease. They would need to be carefully disassembled and repacked or replaced.

Thanks begreen. The only thing I understood, however, was "carefully disassembled." It sounds like this might not be a project I want to tackle. Should I be replacing the motor instead?

If so, are there any recommendations for how to go about acquiring one? I found one website which claims to have the OEM. Their eBay presence has been around since 2009 and they have a BBB of A+... but it is still a bit nerve racking to buy something from an unknown source.

That's your call. You can contact the seller to verify this is OEM. There should be a label on the blower that identifies the part number and mfg. FWIW, I have done ok on eBay, with noted caution. You can check out this place too:

This is a pretty common blower. It's also sold on Amazon. Rotom R7-RB167

Thanks. I found the site (along with this one) when I did a search on the part. I found their eBay site later, which gives me greater confidence. If no one else chimes in with experience on this particular motor, I'll likely go that route.

Looks like they are the same seller on eBay and Amazon.

Reactions: JT (Alabama 24)