Advice on which stove to choose!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaP

Oct 9, 2008
Rochester, MI

I'm a newbie looking for someone to help us decide what stove to choose. We have a very nice informative dealer, but we can't decide on what stove is best for us. We are looking at the Harman Oakwood, Harman TL300 and a display model of a Hampton (Regency) H300. I like the look of cast iron, but we like the convenience of the TL300. We want to heat our 1400sf ranch and are hoping not to turn our furnace on all winter. The Harman's are both over $2000, the dealer will be giving us a deal on the Hampton- with the warming trays and blower it would be $2000. We like the Oakwood but there is not a blower for it. Is the blower worthwhile? Thank you for any advice- this website is great!

Welcome to the forum Lisa.

Where in the house will you be placing your stove? The reason I ask is stoves are space heaters. They work different than central heat like a furnace and a stove rated for 3000 sq ft may not heat your 1400 sq ft ranch. The heat the room they are in quite well, the room next to it ok if you have fans to blow the heat in, and the room on the other side of that even less. Ranches can be tougher to heat.

Matt

The stove will be in our living room, our ranch is kind of cut up. The kitchen is next to the living room, but with a wall inbetween. That is why we were kinda looking at stoves with the blowers. But not sure if the TL300 would be to big for our house. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.