After work load of wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSJAC

Oct 7, 2008
NH
Wife found large pine cut down on the back way home. One more load to pick up today. I have heated my hot water all summer on about two loads that size so it will be for my hot water next summer.

Attachments

• P5150292.JPG
    P5150292.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 473
I have a lot of respect for multi-taskers like yourself...good take.

I love pine...thanks to this site. In fact, I'm on the hunt for the stuff. Makes great small splits!

Nice score and I've heard you can do more than use it in the summer. All of our firewood and mulch has come along my 6 mile commute to the office; almost justifies driving a 3/4 ton truck to work.

Those are some big pieces to manhandle - good job.

JSJAC said:
Wife found large pine cut down on the back way home. One more load to pick up today. I have heated my hot water all summer on about two loads that size so it will be for my hot water next summer.

For the life of me, I do not understand why anyone would heat their hot water! If is hot, why heat it? lol

Good find.

Backwoods Savage said:
JSJAC said:

For the life of me, I do not understand why anyone would heat their hot water! If is hot, why heat it? lol

Good find.
:lol:

JSJAC said:

Great score. Love to see dedication and common sense paying off.

What type of device are you burning in? Do you have (a lot of) water storage?

I'm planning on installing 1000 gallons of storage next summer, so I can pre-heat or heat my DHW all year.
Happy burning.

nice score! pine makes nice shoulder season wood as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.