Air movement for my floor plan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lburg

Hearth Supporter
Jul 20, 2009
Central KY
Thanks again for everyone’s help. I would have never attempted to install my Regency I2400 without you all. I will post pictures soon. I am trying to get an idea of how to heat the bedrooms that are away from the fireplace insert. Attached is a floor plan. There are two bedrooms on this floor and they stay cold in the winter. For the master bedroom could I install some sort of vent and fan above the insert and heat that room. I was also thinking of putting a box fan in the second bedroom's doorway pointing so that it is blowing towards the great room. Also I plan on running the ceiling fans in the bedrooms backwards on low. Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• floor plan 2.jpg
    floor plan 2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 184
I doubt you'll need to do too much for the master BR, the stove being located on that common wall should keep that room fairly warm (I would think). If not, it's easy enough to install a through wall fan. I posted a link to a neat in wall fan recently in another thread.

A fan located at the end of the hallway (in front of the closet) blowing cold air low and back at the GR will certainly help move warmer air to this end of the house.

The second BR may or may not need attention, but it will obviously be cooler. A fan in the doorway might do it, but I'd look for a better, more finished solution if possible. Does this house have a basement? If so, ducting an insulated cold air return (with a blower inline) from the far corner of that BR back to the great room (stove area) should pull enough warm air into this space. If no basement, running the cold air return through the laundry room would work as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.