Air to Water Heat Pump Seminar

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I get invites to free online seminars on occasion. This one showed up today

Learning Objectives:​
  • An understanding of air-to-water options in the marketplace, including how its been adopted elsewhere
  • The key components of an air-to-water heat pump that make it the high-performing, energy-efficient system you need to include in your next project
  • Expected performance data from testing and real-world examples to set expectations
  • Different installation configurations available for air-to-water heat pumps with detailed schematics

John Seigenthaler is big advocate on air to water heat pumps comparted to conventional minisplits for heating dominant areas. (I dont think he is tied to this webinar). For those with radiant floors, walls and ceilings designed for low temperature supply water, its a drop in. For us folks with high temp emitters it may not be as good of a fit.

If I do another house I plan to go with low temp emitters and it would either be air to water or geothermal for a heat source with a wood stove for cold temps.

Where do you find the low temp emitters? My wife doesn't want to do radiant floor on the second floor, but likes the idea of retrofitting our slab.

John Seigenthaler is big advocate on air to water heat pumps comparted to conventional minisplits for heating dominant areas. For those with radiant floors, walls and ceilings designed for low temperature supply water, its a drop in. For us folks with high temp emitters it may not be as good of a fit.

Unfortuantely, "it" doesn't exist yet on the market here in the states. Or if it has arrived, do you have a link to this mythical air to water heat pump? I've been waiting a long time for it.

Reactions: SpaceBus
If I am not booked in a meeting I will be signed in to the webinar as I too have been waiting for the units to make it to the US market.

Reactions: Highbeam