Alaska files suit against OWB owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you, tmudd, and it's that way here, too--my neighbors are the local government and thank goodness they're willing to do it--our First Selectman gets nothing but flack every day of the year for a measly six hundred bucks--and the desire to serve. But it's that way everywhere in our country, which is why our forebears fought for our system. I think all those people who are always railing against the government--especially those who work for it or were elected to lead it--are either lazy or disingenuous: if you don't like the government, get in there and fix it or elect people who will. Now, that's my two cents....

I'm here from the government, I'm here to help.

"I'm from the government and I am here to tell you to quit choking your neighbors. Since in a society of laws they can't come over and shove those green splits up your ass."

Or the government could send in one of it's "experts" to diagnose if their actually is a problem with the boilers or if it is simply the fact that they are burning green splits.

But it is so much easier to sue someone for 10k a day, after all, the legal staff is already on hand to handle any possible problems.

Like I said, I am not against regulation, but how they do it. It isn't regulation if they simply ban it / force people to find alternatives at their own expense. But it is a lot easier to ban/fine it then to regulate it.

It's not about the fact I give them money, but what they do with it.

We voted the EPA away up here for a reason. So now the state has to do the kings bidding.

/shrug.

I think a month and a 1/2 run on this topic is good for now.

Closing things down.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.