Alderlea 1.2?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jpm995

Nov 1, 2020
Lindenhurst, New York
Whatever happened to this stove? I have a great little True North TN10 stove that works well in my small shed/greenhouse combo but it's really small. Aside from the short burn times the .8cf firebox only takes logs about 13" long. It's a pain to keep having to cut wood that short. The small Alderlea seemed like a perfect choice but it disappeared from their website. Is it coming back?

there’s a Neo 2.5, but I don’t think you’d confuse it with an Alderlea T series.

They had it and a Neo 1.2 listed as coming soon on the website most of last year. I have not seen one and it is not listed by the EPA.

Maybe available in Canada?
It's no longer showing on the PE website.
Looks like some US sites advertised it too:
There was an SKU, but not sure if it ever made it to market.

Screenshot 2023-11-04 at 6.46.19 PM.png

No they had a T2 that had a 1.2cf firebox that took 17' logs. I saw it advertised when i bought my TN10 but i don't see it anymore. The t4 may be a good alternative for me.

Oh right, I do remember seeing that a while ago. Pretty sure the 1.2 couldn't meet 2020 emissions.

That and it's really too small for most applications, except very small rooms and tiny homes the 1.6 should also cover all those interested in the 1.2.

Reactions: jpm995
Oh right, I do remember seeing that a while ago. Pretty sure the 1.2 couldn't meet 2020 emissions.

That and it's really too small for most applications, except very small rooms and tiny homes the 1.6 should also cover all those interested in the 1.2.
It would have been ideal for me. My 12x17 shed was only 200 sq ft and i was afraid of overpowering it. I have since added a 100 sq ft greenhouse that's very inefficient so i could probably use a bigger unit.

An Alderlea is a bit fancy for a greenhouse or shed. Something like a small Drolet Nano would work.

It might be a fancy shed! I think I could be sold both ways on needing something that could blast heat out quickly, or something that shou,should, heat slow and gently. I could see where you might want both options!

An Alderlea is a bit fancy for a greenhouse or shed. Something like a small Drolet Nano would work.
My shed is insulted by that remark. Actually i'm probably staying with the TN10 for the winter to see if it puts out enough heat for the added greenhouse. It's just a pain to cuts the splits to 12".

My shed is insulted by that remark. Actually i'm probably staying with the TN10 for the winter to see if it puts out enough heat for the added greenhouse. It's just a pain to cuts the splits to 12".
LOL. An English friend calls her art studio a shed. It's actually quite nice. And Dan freeman's greenhouse would be a nice setting for a stove. My apologies to your shed.