Alderlea T6 Finally Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sbohlen

Sep 18, 2008
Mid Coast Maine
I finally got my T6 installed last night. I started about 4PM moving the old Clarion out and finished putting in the last screw on the stove pipe around midnight. Just me, two jacks, a dolly, and lost of blocks of wood. This morning I put the first fire in her and it's been burning ever since. I love the heat this stove puts out. After an couple of hours with a good fire going to cure the paint, I cut the air back and it has been chugging away on EBT and the house is a nice 75F. Outside temp is 50F. Time to kick back in front of it and watch some football. It's going to be a nice warm winter.

Attachments

• IMG_5094.JPG
    IMG_5094.JPG
    42.3 KB · Views: 549
  • IMG_5095.JPG
    IMG_5095.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 562
Whoo hoo! That looks gorgeous! Love the steamer!

Enjoy some relaxation today... you worked your tail off yesterday (and I'll bet you're feeling it!) Nice job... the T6 is finally yours!

Your not kidding I am feeling it. Needed a couple of Tylenol first thing this morning.

Great setting for that stove. She looks real nice. You're going to love not having to feed the stove every couple hours. Get her hot enough and she'll pop that popcorn for ya.

Agreed: very nice setting. And that's a lovely stove.

Very nice indeed! I just completed our hearth and will have are new T6 installed next Tuesday! The power goes out on my dead end street at least 3 times a year and sometimes it's out for a week or more. Last year was the final straw! We did some major contruction to open up the livingroom and kitchen as well as modifying the stairway opening to allow more the hot air rise upstairs. I plan on running the intake for my furnace upstairs to pull the hot air from the ceiling (vaulted ceilings) and distribute it to all the rooms. Has anyone tried this before? I'm not sure if it's a good idea to activly pull the hot air upstairs or not. Thanks

Welcome and congratulations bigjohn. Relocating ductwork is pricey and invasive. Also, no return grille is allowed within 10ft of the stove. I'd try it without the heating system running for awhile. It could be that all you need is a ceiling fan, running in reverse or small table fan to assist now that you've made those room modifications.

Nice setup. Watch the tire pressure on that popcorn cart ! lol

Looks sweet.

Old House said:
Your not kidding I am feeling it. Needed a couple of Tylenol first thing this morning.

ok
1) i am jealous of all you t6ers as i love that stove and think i will put one in the basement next year (hopefully)
2) just came back from close to your neck of the woods ... was hanging around york,freeport, ogunquit, wells and so forth
and love the area!!
3) back to 1
congrats on the stove!!!

I Love the T6 so much if I could change my Olympic to one I would, of course the way I am I would want to change back and forth every couple of days........

Excellent stove and set up

Bravo :)

Thanks. I am LOVING this stove. I cant wait for some cold weather now. Funny how a new stove makes you wish away the warm fall days. I had the fire on Sunday and had to open all my windows to cool off. I have been watching the weather hoping for some days under 40F. Actually the popcorn probably does burn but I like eating it too much to burn it. Not sure what the BTU value is. More with butter I am sure.

Thanks BeGreen. I didn't know about the 10' rule. Fortunately all the walls and ceilings upstairs are exposed and the intake will be on the ceiling at the top of the stairs about 30' away. The idea would be to pull all of the hot air from the ceiling in the summer and run it though our electric heat pump to cool the house and to redistribute the hot air thats on the ceiling in the winter from the stove to all the rest of the rooms in the house. That way I would only have to run the fan that doesn't use very much electricity at all compared to the electric furnace. The house is about 2200 square feet.

BTW.. I seriously doubt I would've picked the T6 if if wasn't for your wonderful reviews and The Chimney Sweeps website. Thanks again.

Sharp looking stove and install . . . very cozy . . . and yes . . . I know what you mean about wishing it was a bit cooler outside so you could have a nice, roaring fire . . . but I figure come March we'll be wishing for these 50 and 60 degree days once again.

Hey, a fellow Mainer. Looks like the forcast calls for some lows in the 30s this weekend for us. It might be enough for a couple small morning and evening fires.

Great looking stove. I often curious and wish that I could have a T6 and my Mansfield just to see which one I would like better, but not a couple grand curious. I've had four of five evening fires, I am ust to stuborn to use my furnace even for a little bit.

Old House said:
Hey, a fellow Mainer. Looks like the forcast calls for some lows in the 30s this weekend for us. It might be enough for a couple small morning and evening fires.

I noticed the forecast as well . . . perfect weather for cutting and splitting wood for this weekend!

As for fires . . . my wife is home today and has a fire going since it's a bit damp, chilly for her . . . and I've had a few fires in the evenings this week and last . . . still a bit warm on some of those evenings though. Last night I was driven out of the living room by the heat.

Where on the mid-coast are you . . . I find that mid-coast Maine can be pretty variable depending on where you are.

I'm in Bucksport. Cold and damp here too. I am holding off today but I may fire it up when my wife gets home. I havent quite figured out how to regulate the T6 yet. Last weekend I had a small fire going most of the day on Sunday (first fire). Over the course of the day it got pretty warm so I let it burn down in the afternoon. Problem was, the T6 retains so much heat it kept cranking it out for hours after the fire was gone. Im sure I wont mind this feature so much once the weather gets cold and stays there.

Your right about it being good cutting, splitting, and stacking weather.

Old House said:
I'm in Bucksport. Cold and damp here too. I am holding off today but I may fire it up when my wife gets home. I havent quite figured out how to regulate the T6 yet. Last weekend I had a small fire going most of the day on Sunday (first fire). Over the course of the day it got pretty warm so I let it burn down in the afternoon. Problem was, the T6 retains so much heat it kept cranking it out for hours after the fire was gone. Im sure I wont mind this feature so much once the weather gets cold and stays there.

Your right about it being good cutting, splitting, and stacking weather.

Ah, just down the road a piece from me here in Bangor . . . or a short jaunt cross country from my home down in Unity.

. . . And I hear you about the heat . . . these woodstoves really do put out some serious heat for as "small" as they are compared to some of the old woodstoves which also put out some serious heat -- of course they were quite a bit larger as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.