All hands on deck in Eastern MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Well hearthnet is going to spring into action again. Got a new member that needs help installing his insert. The location is Eastern MA Woburn Burlington area. I will scope out the task at hand and bring the necessary tools. (Insert with full liner). If we can’t agree on a gathering this could be a good way to meet some of the members and do a pictorial of the proceedings for hearthnet. Naturally a six pack or cube should be on hand Let me know if there is any interest.

I advise the new member to post pictures and questions so his install would be hashed out here
Date between now and the start of next heating season. No firm date set yet. We will have to make it as convenient as possible so most can participate. He has Pm me, asking If I would be interested in installing for him or if I knew installers in his area. I did the same for Hot Flame, But feel, we have anopportunity of recording what is involved and helping a fellow member. Its great to post and talk about things but hearthnet members back it up with doing actual installs. Before we get involved I will speak to the town's inspector to make sure all tees andi's are properly dotted. I do not think there will be a problem. Craig should I get your permission after all I am using your forums? or Mo. Here is the way I look at it. One more person joins our wood burning fraternity saves fossil fuel consumption. All participating members can take credit in helping another member achieve a safe install others can learn from the example we set and recording of the goings on

Let me know when it is and I will try and make it.
If I am at my new job by then it will be alot easier ;)

depending on the weekend/weekday, I could lend a hand too...lemme know, I'm not too far from you (work in Bedford, live in Acton). :)

Still gaging the interest just to see if it is a good idea and if it is do able. A lot more details to work out.
I need the hearth opening the stove dememtions . The key will be the working area above the stove for the final connection.
Chimney condition flue size. chimney height ladder to reach the top and a working area to insert the liner. lots of details needed

Ratz - looks like my week away and I have missed the action. Elk, is it too late to get involved? If needed, Woburn is close to where I work. I'll be happy to help out if I can.

Understood Elk, still, it's a nice thought!

I'll double check all the hearth dimensions, and measure the flue as soon as I can find my folding rule! I'll pm you the link to the install manual with all the insert dimensions - so as not to mistype or misunderstand something. It states that with the baffle removed from the insert, the final connection can be made from inside if necessary.

If we are going to document the process, it's probably a good idea to make a list of all these details right? I'll start taking notes.

I'm not sure what you mean by "working area to insert the liner". If you mean the area around the hearth, you can see from the pictures in the linked thread above that the area is wide open. The Christmas tree is long gone :(, and the couch and chair will be moved out of the way long before work begin

-Dan

We need room to get hands inbetweeen the top of the stove and the existing opening to guide and place the liner to it final connection.
It may be possible to remove the bafflet and reach up and made it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.