All nighter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Koley

Oct 23, 2022
Maine
I recently had my all nighter repaired. I shut it down - and the creosol pours out- I had a new pipe installed and I was told not to shut it down all the way . In all my reading and information/ your able to do this as it repurposes- ANY WISDOM- will be greatly appreciated!

Burn dry wood only, and don’t shut it down all the way. Creosote forms with wet wood and cool flue temperatures.

I recently had my all nighter repaired. I shut it down - and the creosol pours out- I had a new pipe installed and I was told not to shut it down all the way . In all my reading and information/ your able to do this as it repurposes- ANY WISDOM- will be greatly appreciated!
We need more info on your setup fuel and operation to offer much help