All nighter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I don't think anyone is saying they're not worth having or won't work just as a good as a Fisher, just their opinion/preference, no reason to be offended. The stove I used growing up isn't anywhere on-line, probably made in someones garage and it heated our house fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much of a following, or if it isn't engineered as well as other stoves. A Fisher or All Nighter is completely obsolete compared to the newer stoves anyways, it would be like getting offended that the rotary phone you used growing up was called 2nd rate compared to another brand. I think Coaly provided evidence to back up every opinion he listed, even providing pictures. Of course you can disagree, if nobody ever disagreed there would be no innovation or new technology (or good conversation in my opinion) but there's no need to attack anyone personally.

An "extra" phallic All Nighter handle ? I thought it was bad being into feet. :red:

For whatever reason they're missing, I believe there's a market for them. Hickory would be my choice of woods, and soaked in raw linseed oil would probably prevent cracking. Seriously, parts to keep them going will be needed. The people refurbishing them on eBay obviously need handles. I wouldn't be copying them, I would be reproducing them.
I don't know if the hinge pins are the same size Fisher used, but having one you could measure them, and find a supplier of solid rivets that size, buy in bulk and sell them in sets. The seller on eBay has been selling them for months for $6.99 a set !
I've restored player pianos and Hoosier Baking Cabinets as well, and the reproduced hardware for them is big bucks. I'd bet a replacement air vent for one would sell for quite a bit. They call them "directional". Do they spin, and control the direction the air blows? Or come off? Look for replacement parts, it could be your niche. There are tons of them in the New England states. I'm retired from two successful businesses. Use your strong feeling towards something to your benefit.
There are people making money on manual copies right now on BOTH stoves on eBay. They were GIVEN with a stove and these parasites shouldn't be making a dime on them. Isn't that what copyright is about ? Offer them for FREE as I've done, even if you have to buy one of their copies first as I did ! Make reproduction parts, start an informational All Nighter thread to keep the brand from fading away. That's how you stand behind a product you feel strongly about.

I'll send you a T-shirt with a Papa Bear on the front that say's "MY PAPA KICKS ASH" if you post your picture in public with it on. :)
Here's an avatar for you.

Attachments

• Moe belt buckle.jpg
    Moe belt buckle.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 602
Dune said:
I like chevys. Some people like fords. I've even heard some people like dodge.

Did you know the (race) car company Henry Ford started was called the Henry Ford Company? There were 6 investors, but Henry invested no money, only his tools and ideas. He resigned after 4 months and investors brought in Henry Leland. The company became known as the Cadillac Automobile Company. The same Cadillac that exists today. The only condition Henry exacted in selling was that the company would not use his name. Henry joined with his COAL supplier Alexander Malcomson. (Henry purchased coal from him at his job as Chief Engineer at Edison Illuminating Co. in Detroit - their coal slogan was "Hotter than Sunshine") Alex was interested in a new business endeavor to move coal instead of small horse drawn wagons ! The first payment of $500 on his investment of $3000 started the Ford Co. August 16, 1902. It's no accident that charcoal (Kings-ford) was developed by the Ford Motor Company from their waste wood scrap. The Dodge brothers John and Horace were machinists who invested tools and equipment. Ford's factory was known as the "Dodge Brothers Plant".
So you can't have Chevy and Dodge without Ford's ideas, same as having an All Nighter or 649 other brands without Fisher's idea.

coaly said:
Dune said:

Did you know the (race) car company Henry Ford started was called the Henry Ford Company? There were 6 investors, but Henry invested no money, only his tools and ideas. He resigned after 4 months and investors brought in Henry Leland. The company became known as the Cadillac Automobile Company. The same Cadillac that exists today. The only condition Henry exacted in selling was that the company would not use his name. Henry joined with his COAL supplier Alexander Malcomson. (Henry purchased coal from him at his job as Chief Engineer at Edison Illuminating Co. in Detroit - their coal slogan was "Hotter than Sunshine") Alex was interested in a new business endeavor to move coal instead of small horse drawn wagons ! The first payment of $500 on his investment of $3000 started the Ford Co. August 16, 1902. It's no accident that charcoal (Kings-ford) was developed by the Ford Motor Company from their waste wood scrap. The Dodge brothers John and Horace were machinists who invested tools and equipment. Ford's factory was known as the "Dodge Brothers Plant".
So you can't have Chevy and Dodge without Ford's ideas, same as having an All Nighter or 649 other brands without Fisher's idea.

That's awesome. Thanks.

Hey Coaly thanks for the Avitar Pic, I put It right up just for you! Although - You can't read It as good as yours, but thats probly because yours Is a Fisher Ha Ha.
I think sometime's things just read different to different people when on the Internet. I guess from now on I will read the post a few time's before Flapping off at the mouth. That Is some great Info about henry ford. He was a smart guy, and you know he was proud of his accomplishment's through his life. Especially knowing he had something to do with all of the big 3 auto maker's. I think Bob Fisher saw one of henry Ford's coal funace's and got his Idea from Him. I'm only kidding guy's, but I just had too. I don't want to get off the subject for too long, but I have A Lot more respect for Ford Motor comany after the Bailout!

Sure, that was an eBay item that went up not long ago. I think it was over $35, more than I wanted to pay. There's nothing polished on them, but they seem to be solid rough cast brass. Fisher had a brass and nickel one that was highly polished like their doors. I found the brass one on eBay with a $5.00 buy it Now and hit it! My Avatar, I was told was given to dealers only. It is solid bronze, so it has a different look. I won it on eBay years ago for I believe $15. It's so shiny, I had to take the pic with no flash, otherwise it was like a mirror. The picture doesn't do it justice. The background is supposed to be painted black, but it's worn off.
I guess that's another reason I'm attracted to the Fisher line. Bob is such a crude guy, yet his work is meticulous when it has to be. I'm the same way, born days apart in different years, but the same in so many ways it's amazing. And if we both didn't have the wives like we do, that are strong with the things we can't do, we wouldn't accomplish much. The classy stuff like fancy feet and belt buckles came later when the designers were after their share of the saturated market.

Attachments

• Bronze with White Brass Feet w flash.jpg
    Bronze with White Brass Feet w flash.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 456
Great looking Moe with hand painted door beautiful ! Someone said something about no paint on the doors nice addition I think. Nice handle as well.

Attachments

• 1BA9363E-38E7-4BA9-8FCF-DEA2F9B823A2.png
    1BA9363E-38E7-4BA9-8FCF-DEA2F9B823A2.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 143
  • D24A9889-56C2-4F12-938B-64CC30CA4C65.png
    D24A9889-56C2-4F12-938B-64CC30CA4C65.png
    292.1 KB · Views: 174
  • FF2E3AB4-8BFA-461C-9ED9-AF44A6DDC442.png
    FF2E3AB4-8BFA-461C-9ED9-AF44A6DDC442.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 140

I have no dog in this brawl. In fact my dog is setting next to me. My first stove was a mid moe, which came with the house 35 years ago. Great heater. Replaced it with a jotul 3cb 20 years ago. Great heater. My point? If your of the mindset to buy a dodge, you shouldn't own a wood stove. My dog will back me up on that.

Reactions: bholler