Amaizablaze 4100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

woodnomore

Oct 3, 2019
Central MN
Finally ditched the wood burning insert to switch over to something less labor intensive. Evidently it is hard to sell a house that is heated with wood. My question is do I have to draw air from outside of the house for combustion? I am going to be going out of the existing fire brick then a block wall the angles would make it darn near impossible to use rigid stove pipe. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
There are as many answers to that question as there are members on this forum.
I have an outside air kit (OAK) only because I hate that I am using air that I paid to
heat to supply the fire. If you don't need it don't put one in. Some manufacturers
call for it.

I have burned wood for 25 years using internal combustion air, the exchange is not so bad. bushel of corn a day is way cheaper than pellets or wood.