Amaizablaze 7100 having issues with keeping it burning?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudgoat

Dec 6, 2015
Nebraska
Having a problem when trying to turn the fuel past 3 it keeps burning up to the hole the corn comes out of and I am just burning straight corn and I have a 3 in exhaust going right out the wall and not sure what is going on any help would be awesome thanks.

Welcome to the forum! How old is the stove? When was the last good cleaning of the venting and internal exhaust pathways? Good gaskets on door?
Not sure how many use the amaizablaze but know we have some members that burn corn so may be able to give you some advice...

PS ... Sounds like it may not be getting enough combustion air for the feed rate, OAK (outside air kit)?

Thanks for the response just gave it a cleaning tonight and not sure on the age of the stove but it has new seals last year and I was wondering if they made a kit like that or if I would have to build my own thanks again

Not sure if the 7100 uses the same combustion air setup as my 4100 but pretty sure it does. On the 4100 there is a combustion air damper plate right behind the burn pot. There is a 1/4" allen head bolt accessible from the side or rear of the stove to adjust it. My stove works best at 3 turns out from closed. If this is how yor stove is set up post back up and I'll let you know my contraption for adjusting this externally the way it should have been.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Ok did a quick google search and the 2100-4100 and 7100 are all set up the same. I found pics of 2100 and 7100 but none for the 4100. The 7100 is accessable through the rear of the stove behind burn pot and is the only bolt visable. With the burn pot off you will be able to see the damper plate through the combustion air hole. My adjuster bolt was rusted fast when i got my stove. Lube the adjuster bolt up fron the rear of stove and work it back and forth until you can get full close and about 8-10 full turns out. Even on a feed rate of 10 my srove works best at 3-1/2 turns out.
Now I'll try and post a link for people to see a pic of the adjuster since i couldnt figure out how to post a pic. If link works and somebody can post the pics for others to find on here when they search that'd be great.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ggjMAI&usg=AFQjCNGMXFdDRMkkPr-HcddTMwEPlITJMA

To upload a picture, just use the upload a file option in the box next to post reply:) If large photo, you may have to resize but see how it goes...

PS Hardest part will be finding the photo on your computer!

Thank tug686spd I will try that tomorrow when I get more heat in that room and lake girl thanks for the info on the dealers.

Status
Not open for further replies.