American harvest 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
A friend has this stove and he says he is getting no ash in the pan and very little in the burn area. Heat is not where it should be its not putting out the heat it should. Does anyone have any idea on how to make this stove operate properly.

woodsman23 said:
A friend has this stove and he says he is getting no ash in the pan and very little in the burn area. Heat is not where it should be its not putting out the heat it should. Does anyone have any idea on how to make this stove operate properly.

This is an awesome forum and have him do some searches here. Also have him try iburncorn.com His heat and ash may be making a mess outside too.

Woodsman

I have a 6039 insert, new to the game, but I will take a shot at helping. My stove puts out about 150 f. on level 2. Use a ac/heat thermometer ( looks like a small meat thermometer) stuck all the way into the heat exchanger. 15 ft. of 3" pipe for chimney. The manual damper just below the door should be out about an inch maybe inch and a half. I also have lignetic fuel. I was running it for a while (5-6 hours) without the agitator, and had too much ash buildup in pan. After installing the agitator the ash problem disapperred. I think your buddies stove is pretty close to the insert. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
Woodsman

I have a 6039 insert, new to the game, but I will take a shot at helping. My stove puts out about 150 f. on level 2. Use a ac/heat thermometer ( looks like a small meat thermometer) stuck all the way into the heat exchanger. 15 ft. of 3" pipe for chimney. The manual damper just below the door should be out about an inch maybe inch and a half. I also have lignetic fuel. I was running it for a while (5-6 hours) without the agitator, and had too much ash buildup in pan. After installing the agitator the ash problem disapperred. I think your buddies stove is pretty close to the insert. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll try to help.

Schoondog

It is also his 1st year using the stove and it just seems to be complicated. There are so many buttons to press. He says its not getting hot enough and he has no ash in the pan and little in the stove after 7 bags of pellets?. He does not have the A,B,C buttons i am trying to help him but with my st croix you simply hit the on button and its done. Any more help would be great. Thanks Jim

woodsman

There are 8 buttons on my stove. I haven't used the stove enough to be an expert at what to do for your friends problem, but here is what I do and I believe all is good with mine. To start I put handful of pellets in the pot, little gel or last time I tried the turbo torch to get em' going, close the door and wait about a minute. Then hit ON button. Heat range button on 2. Also make sure the mode button is in AUTO. Manual (draft )damper 1- 1 1/2" out. On mine this make the draft fan sorta pulses on and off to nurse the fire to start, and after about 7-8 min. the heat exchanger warms and the room fan comes on. My heat range buttons run from 1 to 9. I have moved the room fan up and down one range a few times just to experiment. Is your buddies stove in auto? Problems with the auger? I've only burned 2 bags of pellets and I don't have much ash in the ash pan, but do have some in the stove. And I'm running on 1 or 2 all the time cause it gets to warm in the house as temps have only been in the 30's. Don't hesitate to call US Stoves for help, they where very helpful when I talked to them prior to buying the stove and when I had a question after purchase. Be sure to read the manual also. Hope I helped some.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
woodsman

There are 8 buttons on my stove. I haven't used the stove enough to be an expert at what to do for your friends problem, but here is what I do and I believe all is good with mine. To start I put handful of pellets in the pot, little gel or last time I tried the turbo torch to get em' going, close the door and wait about a minute. Then hit ON button. Heat range button on 2. Also make sure the mode button is in AUTO. Manual (draft )damper 1- 1 1/2" out. On mine this make the draft fan sorta pulses on and off to nurse the fire to start, and after about 7-8 min. the heat exchanger warms and the room fan comes on. My heat range buttons run from 1 to 9. I have moved the room fan up and down one range a few times just to experiment. Is your buddies stove in auto? Problems with the auger? I've only burned 2 bags of pellets and I don't have much ash in the ash pan, but do have some in the stove. And I'm running on 1 or 2 all the time cause it gets to warm in the house as temps have only been in the 30's. Don't hesitate to call US Stoves for help, they where very helpful when I talked to them prior to buying the stove and when I had a question after purchase. Be sure to read the manual also. Hope I helped some.

Schoondog

I forwarded this to him and i hope it helps him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.