American harvest 6100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coopc32

Sep 26, 2021
Ohio
Hello first season with pellet the 6100.
I’m heating a 1200 sq foot open garage
I have a thermostat hooked up and it’s set at 55 what I’m noticing is the stove usually hits 59 and hangs there most of the time as if the stove can’t get down to 55. Any advice on weather I can change feed settings or what would be appreciated
Thank you

Using a thermometer what is the room temp?
Your stat may think 59 is 55

Reactions: SidecarFlip and ARC
I have a thermostat hooked up and it’s set at 55 what I’m noticing is the stove usually hits 59 and hangs there most of the time as if the stove can’t get down to 55. Any advice on weather I can change feed settings or
If what you are saying is on lowest setting the stove still keeps the garage at 59 then you could try to lower the Heat Range 1 setting using the C Codes (C-2). A word of warning though stoves run dirtier when on low settings and anything less then 2.0 lbs it sometimes can be difficult to keep fire going. It is a delicate balancing act when you get into the 1.xx lbs range.

Attachments

• usstove tech manual 6100 American Harvest Multi Fuel Furnace 4 Digit Board.pdf
    676.2 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: johneh
With two separate thermometers they all read the 59
I mean it has warmed up to almost 50 with the sun shining most days so possibly that’s helping warm the garage too?
Thanks for the help

Reactions: ARC
So is your issue that you have it hooked to a Thermostat and have it set for 55, but the stove is keeping it at 59 without the thermostat calling for heat?

If this is the case, then I also suggest lowering the feed rate for the lowest setting. I forget what I have mine on, but it is just enough to keep the fire going (can't remember the actual PPH) . I treat it like a pilot lite. Then it ramps up to the heat level I select when the thermostat calls for heat.

With the current weather my thermostat never calls for heat. It is keeping the room temp above the thermostat temp at the lowest setting. That could be happening to yours

Reactions: ARC
I have it set for hr 3 but it seems like it’s almost always flashing. Which tells me is hardly ever calling for heat

I have it set for hr 3 but it seems like it’s almost always flashing. Which tells me is hardly ever calling for heat
That would make sense since it is never getting down to 50* that the thermostat is set for. The stove will run on HR1 when the thermostat is not calling for heat. You can adjust the feed rate for that and get the stove to produce less heat when it is idling

Have you actually run it on HR3 at all? My default feed rates were all messed up. They were crazy high causing the pot to over flow and to sweat us out

I guess I haven’t just straight ran it on 3.
When I first fired it up it appeared to run on three for about 45 minutes till it reached the desired temp

Let me know how it does in heating your garage. I have a USSC/American Harvest 6500 that I use. It is the same as yours, just more BTU's and bigger room fans. I am curious how accurate their sq footage rating is.

Is your garage well insulated? How tall are the ceilings?

Yes r-13 walls
R30 ceilings that are ten feet tall
So far it’s great it’s been in the mid to upper 20’s at night so we will see how the middle of winter goes

Reactions: Jeremy6500