American harvest 6100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

coopc32

Sep 26, 2021
Ohio
I get the error code 2 every couple days I can’t see it being a vacuum issue I would think a vacuum issue would happen sooner than every couple days of soils run time
When I re start the stove if feeds pellets like normal. The code usually appears like I said after it runs for at least 30 hours
Today when I got home I noticed the fire pot was 85% full of ash/ 3/4 burned pellets
Any help would be great

I have a 6500. With the way I have mine set, I can get an Er2, but it is due to a flame issue not a vacuum issue. With yours having that code after a while I bet it is also a flame issue. A few questions

1. Are you running on a thermostat or just using the settings on the control pad?
2. What do you have your lowest heat setting set on for PPH feed rate?
3. How clean is the unit? When mine wasn’t clean I would get ash build up. Now, with it clean, I get almost no ash buildup.

My guess would be it is a combination of feed rate and not good air flow.

Reactions: Ssyko
I saw you had another thread about this stove. I asked about your feed rates etc in that thread too.

I had similar issue to what you are having with my 6500 when I first started. After some time adjusting the settings and figuring out how to clean it thoroughly it now works great with very minimal ash.

Reactions: Ssyko
I take it all apart and clean the entire stove with a shop vac every 3 days of full running
But I have never messed with the settings it’s running on auto with a thermostat
Thanks for the reply’s

I take it all apart and clean the entire stove with a shop vac every 3 days of full running
But I have never messed with the settings it’s running on auto with a thermostat
Thanks for the reply’s
My biggest fix from cleaning was making sure these were clean and the venting. Along with a clean burn pot.

Running on auto is fine. Adjusting the settings adjusts the setting for how it runs on Auto. I run on Auto all the time with a thermostat (like your setup). I have my low feed rate on 1.6pph. I tried 1.55pph and eventually got an Er2 cause the fire was so low. My high (Hr3 for mine) is set on 5pph. My low heat draft is set at the bottom of the range (100 I think) and my high draft is set at the bottom of the factory default as well. My damper is pulled out about 1.5”, maybe 2”. Everything else is default.

I don’t think you should need a full clean every 3 days. I do mine about once a week and have almost no ash build up in the burn area and my burn pot stays well below the agitator. I can still see the holes in the burn pot.
DE8D6BC1-DCF3-445B-AFDE-CE1959587953.jpg

Reactions: ARC
I was keeping my damper closed down quite a bit. I was figuring If I let to much air in it would burn out on the low heat range
I’m clear across the state right on the PA WV line

You need airflow to burn the pellets or else you end up with a bunch of ash and overflow. Try opening your damper 1-2”

440BBDD0-122C-4D7F-95F7-6AEDC85C54E2.jpeg
This is what my burn pot currently looks like. It has been running for about 3 days. Mostly in HR1, but kicking up to HR2 a few times at night.
You can see there is very little ash and the pellet buildup is minimal (you can see the holes in the burn pot still)

Reactions: ARC