An Excellent Article on Types of Stoves and How Wood Burns

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Hearth Supporter
Good reading, thanks! The only thing I get hung up on is why don't these people use a spellchecker or have someone proof stuff before they publish? I get nervous when "experts" misspell words like "radiant". Imprecise language is the first sign of mental illness! ;)

The last page is pretty good...the one outlining the costs..when did a trip to the Doctor last cost $50

Full cost for a clinic office visit in our tiny hospital is $35. Our pediatrician charges $70. Our co-pay is only $15 for either. An ER visit will set us back 200, though.

In all seriousness this should be stickied with something in the title about being new to woodstoves.

Very informative and would help any newcomers prior to their eventual questions.

Gibbonboy said:
Good reading, thanks! The only thing I get hung up on is why don't these people use a spellchecker or have someone proof stuff before they publish? I get nervous when "experts" misspell words like "radiant". Imprecise language is the first sign of mental illness! ;)

Since I am a University of Texas grad I attribute the spelling errors to it being an Okie from Oklahoma State that published it. They can't help it.

As to imprecise language, being a Texan I am used to speaking a different language. We're fixin to start talkin like the rest of y'all right soon.

9k for a 15 acre woodlot. Wish land were that cheap around here.

northwinds

northwinds said:
9k for a 15 acre woodlot. Wish land were that cheap around here.

northwinds

Yeah. That old list has been around since early Mother Earth News days.

I'll say - I wish I could find a $150 splitter.

BeGreen said:
I'll say - I wish I could find a $150 splitter.

Ya can in Oklahoma. Of course is has an old West Bend 2 stroke engine and the beam looks curiously like it used to have cross-ties under it.

Status
Not open for further replies.