Another Draft question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dchance

Jan 14, 2020
MO
I had a Drolet Heat Pro installed this past spring. I have not really had the opportunity to use it yet as it hasn't been needed. I have a tall (30+ ft chimney with 8 inch stainless liners. The old wood furnace was 8 inch. There is a 10ft run from the back of the stove to the furnace. The furnace has a 6 inch outlet. The company that installed it just reduced from the 8 inch to the 6 inch at the wall where it connects to the chimney. No dampers were installed. It has draft, but it was never measured. I am concerned about the possibility of too much draft? Wasn't overly happy with the company that installed, but they are insured.....

Ok, I can work on that.
I was curious as to what going from a 6 inch to 8 inch flu would do to my draft. Does that typically increase it?
I will look at getting a Mark II and some type of barometric damper I guess

I was curious as to what going from a 6 inch to 8 inch flu would do to my draft. Does that typically increase it?
Decrease it...but I have the same setup, and with an insulated liner it works fine for me...YMMV.

Reactions: dchance