Another FANTASTIC Ebay Deal: Quick, Look, Look Look!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
john193 said:
I cannot believe she still hasn't sold this. Her description of the item is so informative and buyer friendly that it just puzzles me. Has someone sent her this link to the forum? Maybe it's time she sees the entertainment value in all this!

That may end up ruining the entertainment value all together. What people don't know....can't hurt them.....much. Never, ever let a stranger know that they have a booger hanging from their nose when at a party. Best to just chuckle and move on.

I'm going to assume that my latest offer was not accepted if they re-listed it... Sigh... Against my better judgement I might have to offer $1900...

Wonder how much they want for the bricks :)

"what is your reserve so those of us that are interested in this dont waste our time bidding if you are still trying to get 6k out of this $2500 unit."
This is what i asked yesterday and received a threatening response back. Then I looked at the listing this morning and it had been revised saying that she dont have to tell us the reserve!

LOL I just emailed this

How much for the bricks? I really would like the bricks the stove is just too gaudy.

Wonder if they'll be annoyed if I start the bidding at $1500 and then increase my bid by $1 increments???

The response you get when asking a question is what makes you want to ask something else. If this person did not lash back it would be no fun!

Notice the most expensive previous sale listed in feedback is $60, the majority of the sales are sub-$10 range.

It's the same, old song but with a different meaning since you've been gone.....

She's back, this time with a starting bid of $6000.00 and a "Buy it now" of $6700.00. Isn't that higher than a previous "Buy it now"? So let me get this straight. For $6700.00 I get a used Accentra insert, some chimney liner and nine bags of pellets. Oh, and don't forget the "flame retardent" hearth rug. My guess is $3000, $3250 tops.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Harman-Accentra...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c11516dc7

C'mon...*Watches* will not win auction...*Bids* will only win auction!

This has been going on for ~3 weeks...has been listed ~5 different ways...and got a total of 1 bid for $1500.

You can't catch a fish, unless your hook is in the water. ;)

this oughta be good...I asked them if the smokeshifter on the stove was left or right-sided, as that was critical to my installation.

richg said:
this oughta be good...I asked them if the smokeshifter on the stove was left or right-sided, as that was critical to my installation.

Bahhahahahah! Smokeshifter. We always send the new guys looking for buckets of steam and grease laying cable. I'll be smiling all day about that one.

I love this latest revision: "Bid For All These Items is $6,000.00 (Original Price was over $10,000.00 from the dealer so do not ask us about the price being lowered as it will not be lowered". Over $10,000 for a pellet stove? That's just nuttier than squirrel sh!t.

Delta-T said:
richg said:

Bahhahahahah! Smokeshifter. We always send the new guys looking for buckets of steam and grease laying cable. I'll be smiling all day about that one.

I got bucketed and cabled as a newbie...perhaps this restaurant was Billy's?

smwilliamson said:
Delta-T said:
richg said:

I got bucketed and cabled as a newbie...perhaps this restaurant was Billy's?

It was "Herbert's Potato World" formerly of the Pheasant Lane Mall. Used to be part of the premier foods company along with hagen daaz, but now i think premier is down to Nathan's Hot Dogs and Brewsters Ice Cream. Maybe steam and cable are the unwritten default mystery items to go searching for, like the fountain of youth/golden fleece in the olden days.

If you want this stove delivered they will be charging you an additional $750 for 50 miles. I wonder if they have 2.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120552729640#shId

Oh boy is this great! Wonder of wonders, no one bid on the stove and it's back up for sale. What I find fascinating is that she intends to charge 6% sales tax if a Pennsylvania resident buys the stove. OK, at $6000, you get taxed for $360, making the total $6360.00. No 30% Federal tax credit as this is a used stove.

can she legally charge PA state tax...doesnt that money need to go directly to the state. I'm not even sure if that's legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.