Another Newbie Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

NH_ Pellet

Sep 13, 2023
NH
I have this used 2006 Castile Insert and I need to replace the door gasket. The gasket on the door now goes all the way around the 4 sides. So I'm assuming no air wash?
Also the glass is held to the frame with 2 rods and those rods are on top of 1/2 of the gasket. I'm not familiar with the tadpole, but is it reasonable to assume that the tadpole gasket attaches to the glass, then the rods are inserted and the gasket maybe folds over the rods?
Thanks for your help

moved to the pellet forum

I have this used 2006 Castile Insert and I need to replace the door gasket. The gasket on the door now goes all the way around the 4 sides. So I'm assuming no air wash?
Also the glass is held to the frame with 2 rods and those rods are on top of 1/2 of the gasket. I'm not familiar with the tadpole, but is it reasonable to assume that the tadpole gasket attaches to the glass, then the rods are inserted and the gasket maybe folds over the rods?
Thanks for your help