Another OAK Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwoodneil

Feeling the Heat
Feb 10, 2012
Land of Cheese
Thinking about doing an oak on my PC45 Harman. Can I run 3" stove pipe ( like water heater exhaust pipe) with the joints taped. I'll neck it down to fit the stove inlet at the stove. The flex stuff Harman sells is to pricey for what it is IMO. Should I insulate it? All the way or just the first 6 feet or so? Thanks in advance.

The 3" rigid pipe works nice as an OAK. Large intake. No restrictions.

Neck it down and I wouldn't bother with insulating it. Unless you want to or condensate becomes a problem

I am next to the wall but it's a basement I need to go into the closet behind and up and out. I don't want to be able to see it the missus would BITC complain. I'm told PVC is a no-no but it would sure make a nice install.

I bought 3 feet of 3" flexible and a 3" vent hood with screen from pexuniverse.com for a total of $28.42 with shipping. It is bigger than the Harman outlet, but with the flexible stuff, you just gotta tighten the hose clamp tighter and it will hold tight to the outlet of the stove. Works great. 3'x 3" Flexible Aluminum Duct (Fresh Air Intake) - by ft. / 1x 3" Z-Vent Fresh Air Hood w/ Mesh Screen

Reactions: Defiant
I bought 3 feet of 3" flexible and a 3" vent hood with screen from pexuniverse.com for a total of $28.42 with shipping. It is bigger than the Harman outlet, but with the flexible stuff, you just gotta tighten the hose clamp tighter and it will hold tight to the outlet of the stove. Works great. 3'x 3" Flexible Aluminum Duct (Fresh Air Intake) - by ft. / 1x 3" Z-Vent Fresh Air Hood w/ Mesh Screen
Great:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.