Another option for man cave

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenpayne

Dec 29, 2010
southern Ohio
Lots of good suggestions from my earlier post, and I appreciate it. Going with an insert would be my preferred option, but by the time everything is done, I could easily be into it for $2,500-3000. Back in 1979, I used a blower grate and got a fair amount of heat from it. Something like the Fireplace Radiator may be worth considering, since I only will be burning it a couple of times a week. They look like a decent unit. Anyone had any experience with them?

Ken

Have you looked around for a used insert? I am currently running a Clydesdale and have considered getting a freestanding stove as of late. It's doing great but I would like just a bit more heat from it. I have some insulation to install and some drafts to seal but if I find a decent stove before all that I may sell the Clydesdale. I'll keep you in mind since I'm in southern ohio too and it would warm that room fast. Craigslist has some deals but you have to watch it like a hawk and possibly travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.