Another Proflame 2 Remote Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

honeypig

Sep 19, 2018
Wisconsin
OK, so I purchased a replacement remote from eBay, "new in box", identical to what I have. Numbers on the bottom match and all that. I put batteries in it and it sure LOOKS like it's working, but it doesn't turn the stove on. When I switch it to "on", "off", or "Smart", it gives the "radio wave" icon as if it's transmitting, but nothing at all happens.

I even took the batteries out of my old remote just in case it was somehow interfering w/the signal, but that made no difference either.

Any ideas?

Have you tried moving the receiver after it's been wired to the valve?
I have in other forums where the location of the receiver in proximity
to the gas valve has caused issues...

Have you tried moving the receiver after it's been wired to the valve?
I have in other forums where the location of the receiver in proximity
to the gas valve has caused issues...
Iirc the receiver and control unit is all one unit in the pro flame 2? Maybe a sync button? I will look into this tomorrow also