Another review- Pacific Energy Super 27

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westkywood

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2009
Kentucky
Before getting this Pacific Energy Super 27, I had a Drolut Savannah wood stove. Before that I had an old Fireplace insert. Both were real wood consumers and had to be stoked often. I'd have to get up and stoke them after about 4 hours.
I have a 1300 sq ft house. It hasn't got very cold here yet, but I've had about 6 nights to try this stove out. This stove exceeds my expectations. Getting an all night burn is no problem. The other night I stoked it with a few logs ( well seasoned oak and hickory ), 13 hours later there were enough coals left to get a fire going with full size logs ( no kindling ). After those 13 hours it was still burning at 250 degrees (shut down all the way ).
I've read reviews online on this stove and almost every one of them was positive. I found a couple that said " stove is hard to get going" or " forget about an all night burn" etc. I can't help but think they either dont have it set up right or they are burning unseasoned or wet wood. When I start my fire, I light it and close the door. Within a couple minutes its cookin. I can't say enough about this stove. BRING ON THE COLD !!

Reactions: Ohiofarmhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.