Another Snowmagedon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Its likely leaking at the valve that is deep underground in front of it or at the ninety below it. Fixed a lot of them. Two because of the mail lady taking a turn too short out of a parking lot. We ended up welding guard rail around it so she better not cut it short now. 41" holy cow that's awesome.

Went over to help my aunt shovel her driveway. Plows still haven't touched her road. She called the town and 2 plows got stuck. I guess it's a cluster fudge there. Anyway, they got 2 feet.

Binghampton, NY cleared 41", setting a new record. Lots of plowing out to do there.
I saw Newark Valley (not far from Binghampton) claiming the NY record for this storm @ 44". I couldn't tell you what I had. It was either 1.5" or 28" depending on exposure to the wind.

Wow! Watch deck fill up with 100 cm of snow overnight
Over 100 cm of snow blanketed Binghamton, New York overnight. A Nor’easter had much off the Northeastern US digging the morning of December 17th.
report from the Canadian Weather network

Here we ended up with about 9 inches. Shoveled my driveway, the neighbors one, heavy, wet snow. Watched the sledding down the hill of the kids.

And drifts up to two feet.

We did end up getting about three inches of powder sugar here. Kind of annoying clearing the lots today, it would just blow right back onto the walks and curbs.

We ended up with about 16". It was a pita to clear

We are going out tomorrow morning to clean up and salt the walks. The snow just keeps blowing off the roofs and making drifts.

We are going out tomorrow morning to clean up and salt the walks. The snow just keeps blowing off the roofs and making drifts.
It was relatively warm here today so it didn't stay powder. So no drifts after last night

An hour and twenty minutes with the snow blower to clear the driveway, make a path up the walkway to the front door, clear by the mailbox, and clean off the cars. Just crude clearing to get out.

Will do better clearing tomorrow to get blacktop showing for the sun.

Binghampton, NY cleared 41", setting a new record. Lots of plowing out to do there.

Holy cow, you ain't kidding!
1608482112179.png

Yes, they were ground zero for this storm.

There was another "ground zero in NH. Croyden NH along I 89 reported 42" and a couple of towns around it were in the 40s.

• Wow
Reactions: begreen
You guys are right. Took out the water line by the hydrant. The town looked at it right after I sent them a picture. Received notice yesterday that water to the street may be off for eight hours. They're digging up the street by the hydrant now.

Reactions: Grizzerbear