Another what is this wood thread...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magnumhntr

Jan 2, 2008
Southwest MIchigan
I got about 8 cords of this wood given to me 4 years ago. It had been felled and stacked in 8ft lengths by a crew a year prior. The landowner gave it to me after giving the logging crew the boot for breaking their contract on what trees they were going to take. Anyway, this stuff has not been taken care of as it has sat in the weather in 8 ft lengths until august when I bucked it and stacked it. It goes fast in my OWB as I only have about 2 cords left ~ been burning since Oct 1 ~ and more than 50% is rotted. I was just curious as to what type of wood it is as I can't tell...

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

Thanks!

Chris

Yes looks like ash to me also

X3 for white ash

That was my first thought too ... ash. I don't see to much ash though so i wouldn't swear to it.

ash

I'm sure it's Ash. I burn mostly Ash.

Looks like white ash, good firewood. Shame hafl is rotton....Thou

Status
Not open for further replies.