Antique Kalamazoo wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GayleB

Oct 2, 2016
Glocester, RI
I am interested in selling this piece. Would anybody be able to give me any information on what it's worth?

Attachments

• IMG_0149.JPG
    IMG_0149.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 460
  • IMG_0150.JPG
    IMG_0150.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_0154.JPG
    IMG_0154.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 419
It depends if there are parts missing and what the condition of the top firebox and oven are. It does look like the enamel is pretty good at least.

It depends if there are parts missing and what the condition of the top firebox and oven are. It does look like the enamel is pretty good at least.

I'm not sure if there are parts missing. I did open what I think is the fire box on the top right corner and it looks like it's in good working order. I will have to play with it and see what I come up with. With or without parts missing do you have any idea what's it approximately worth is?

I think this may be the Kalamazoo Champion. The value is going to depend on the condition, completeness of parts and market demand. This stove probably would sell in the $400-$600 if complete and functional. If the back warming shelves or the warming cabinets are with it then the price could be more. Here is a 2010 example of this model's sale with the back and warming shelf:
http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-79474/kalamazoo-wood-cook-stove-range-cookstove-vintage-nice.html

I also found a complete working version in nice condition with upper cabinets that sold for $1500 on eBay a few months ago.

Last edited:
The value is going to depend on the condition, completeness of parts and market demand. This stove probably would sell in the $400-$600 if complete and functional. Here is a 2010 example of this model's sale with the back and warming shelf:
http://www.antiquesnavigator.com/d-79474/kalamazoo-wood-cook-stove-range-cookstove-vintage-nice.html

Thank you very much! I don't think we have the top piece that attaches to the back of the stove. We just bought a house with this stove and an old ice box left in the basement and want to get it out, lol. Hopefully make a few bucks towards remodeling.

I think this may be the Kalamazoo Champion. The value is going to depend on the condition, completeness of parts and market demand. This stove probably would sell in the $400-$600 if complete and functional. If the back warming shelves or the warming cabinets are with it then the price could be more. Here is a 2010 example of this model's sale with the back and warming shelf:

I also found a complete working version in nice condition with upper cabinets that sold for $1500 on eBay a few months ago.

I think it may be a Liberty rather than an Champion based on the stamp inside.

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 282
That's not a fridge ... it's an ice box! Literally... I have a smaller version in metal that was an Aunt's. Ice in the top portion, chilled section below featuring a drain hole for the ice melt.

Wipe it down to clean but do not sand wood, polish metal as that will diminish value with "purists".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.