Antique PENN FRANKLIN Cast iron wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WomanDi

Mar 26, 2018
Butler PA
Hi,

My uncle near Providence, RI has an old "Penn Franklin" stove and neither of us can find any info on it or the company.

Near the base reads: "Keystone Heat & Light, 15 North 12 street Phila, PA".

He's not sure if he wants to restore it or what. I'm just helping him figure out when, what, who, how, etc.

Has anyone seen one or can someone point us in the right direction? Google hasn't been much help!

Here's some pictures. Thanks!

- Diane

Attachments

• Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (6).jpg
    Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (6).jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 427
  • Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (5).jpg
    Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (5).jpg
    289 KB · Views: 306
  • Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (4).jpg
    Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (4).jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 604
  • Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (3).jpg
    Penn franklin wood burning stove cast iron antique (3).jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 316
Hi,

My uncle near Providence, RI has an old "Penn Franklin" stove and neither of us can find any info on it or the company.

Near the base reads: "Keystone Heat & Light, 15 North 12 street Phila, PA".

He's not sure if he wants to restore it or what. I'm just helping him figure out when, what, who, how, etc.

Has anyone seen one or can someone point us in the right direction? Google hasn't been much help!

Here's some pictures. Thanks!

- Diane

These guys are in RI, they might know something. http://stovehospital.com/

Reactions: WomanDi
With a proper restoration the stove might bring a decent price. It looks to be from around the 1890's. Here is a fancier one that sold at auction for $1400 fully restored. Assuming all parts are there and there is no serious defects or cracking I would think he could get $5-600 to the right party.
Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 3.04.58 PM.png

Last edited:
With a proper restoration the stove might bring a decent price. It looks to be from around the 1890's. Here is a fancier one that sold at auction for $1400 fully restored. Assuming all parts are there and there is no serious defects or cracking I would think you could get $5-600 to the right party.
View attachment 225025

Wow, that's a BEAUTY. It's nice to know that there IS another one out there. Slightly different model, but that's probably the closest he'd come. Thank you.

beautiful stoves. makes one wonder if they made them like that today how many arms and legs would we have to give up to have one