Antique wood stove id

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most helpful if you take pictures of the actual stove and post those ... any numbers, markings, etc. Local historic stove makers in your area?

It is either a Base Burner or Base Heater. Need pictures of the back. The "Heater" is wood / coal and the "Burner" has a pipe from ash pan area under grate to upper rear that recirculates coal gas up through fire bed. They are extremely efficient. They are Anthracite coal only.
Is the fire pot in good condition?
Patent numbers on any parts will give you a patent date to start.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Thanks for the replies. I wire brushed the entire stove and painted it and found no markings other than a big "Fancy" on the front above door, "no 112" below the door on foot plate, on the door inside it says "fancy hero 112" also "1512" which I doubt is the date.
No I'd plate, and no recirculation tube on back. The ash pan had a bad crack on the side, I drilled both sides and furnace cemented it. There is a small door on the side of ash pan, looks like a cigarette ash tray, I plumbed a OAK through that and filled the ash box with sand because of the crack.
The burn pot has a long small surface crack, I've been watching it and have seen no change in the three years of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.