Any experience with Kozi Stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis7

Aug 7, 2008
NY
Looking at a Kozi Previa Pellet stove. Anyone have any experience with Kozi ? Please comment on quality of the products or experience with the company in general. Thanks

I don't have any personal experience, but from what i can see it's a pretty conventional design and should work ok. Good maintenance should be key to satisfaction with these units. I do like that they have oilable blower motors instead of the sealed units. As long as you burn good quality fuel and clean it on a regular basis, it should be a decent heater.

I bought a kozi 120 I believe ( the shop heater), it is my first year with a pellet stove and frankly I have had nothing but troubles...hard to get a consistent burn, I have tried many brands of pellets and I can't find one that works well enough to heat my house..

I was instructed to clean my stove with fire view at the end of the winter and now I have rust...
I personally don't recommend...

I had a Kozi Baywin insert installed in my fireplace 2 months ago and have test ran it a few times. I did a lot of research and was going to go with a Harman, but after talking to an installer decided to go with a Kozi. He works for a bigger stove company during the week installing mostly enviros i believe. He also has a small business on the side doing weekend installs, anyway he said after installing many Kozis over the last few years he has received zero service calls on the Kozis---not even false "operator error" mistakes. Take that at face value--he would have installed any stove i wanted... This Kozi stove is very attractive as well, cant wait to fire this baby up..
They are made in Winnipeg Manitoba by the way---a place that knows about cold winters.

Attachments

• f0269a46cba6400a8be004f528e9a4653fc0e1f70cafa21ff436a06d35d677b41352f0a01d25b402fbad4827b46e7712ab39
    10.5 KB · Views: 545
  • f0269a46cba6400a8be004f528e9a4653fc0e1f70cafa21ff436a06d35856dad134df7bd422ce80bfcad4827b46e7712ab39
    7.2 KB · Views: 501
Status
Not open for further replies.