Any idea what this is?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EffInOH

Mar 30, 2016
Ohio
Hooked to natural gas line. I can't try turning it on until the chimney sweep comes in and does his inspection but I'm hyper curious about the thing.

House was built in 1959 but judging by the indoor charcoal grill to the side, it was probably a gas conversion from a wood-burning fireplace.

Attachments

• ee16b433-b7b2-4203-ba5c-d74ccbb172ce.jpg
    ee16b433-b7b2-4203-ba5c-d74ccbb172ce.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 193
My parents home was built in 1961 ... two fireplaces with a gas burner under the grate to keep the fire burning nicely...

Reactions: EffInOH
I assume you are taking about whatever is behind those brass doors? Need a picture of the inside. Could be a log lighter or a gas log.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

surround would be an update ... we just had steel mess screen that could be open/closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.