Any info on volume of sales by manufacturer or type (cat vs noncat)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The majority of the used stoves at least I come across are not worth much more than scrap
Oh, like my SIL's old Dutchwest 2460 that I'm going to attempt to rebuild. ;hm :rolleyes: ;lol
The times I've looked at CL, there's little or nothing local that's any good. I need a rear-vent stove to replace my BIL's 1980 VC Resolute in the basement, that's why I'm thinking of refurbing the Dutchwest. Plus he probably won't have to give her much for the old stove, which he would be loathe to do. I'm thinking it's worth $300, rebuilt...

But I'm talking about when people get a new stove, and need to get rid of a decent older one. People my SIL and wife work for, throw out all their stuff and completely replace it, two years after they just did the exact same thing.
Or maybe they want to replace a wood stove with another fuel? I'm not in the stove biz, just trying to imagine what might go on...

But I'm talking about when people get a new stove, and need to get rid of a decent older one. People my SIL and wife work for, throw out all their stuff and completely replace it, two years after they just did the exact same thing.
Or maybe they want to replace a wood stove with another fuel? I'm not in the stove biz, just trying to imagine what might go on...
We haul off decent stoves on occasion. This was the nicest “old” stove I’ve hauled off.

Attachments

• D4A4E6EE-AAB4-40FC-93BB-192E2D4C3202.jpeg
    D4A4E6EE-AAB4-40FC-93BB-192E2D4C3202.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 207
We haul off decent stoves on occasion. This was the nicest “old” stove I’ve hauled off.
Ooooo, enamel IR...pretty. :cool: As I recall, you scored the Fireview on craigslist or something...

Yes it happens occasionally but not often at all.

Ooooo, enamel IR...pretty. :cool: As I recall, you scored the Fireview on craigslist or something...
The Fireview was on marketplace.
Here’s another one I hauled home.

Attachments

• B351F9A6-CFB1-4207-B45D-9288695AE2A4.jpeg
    B351F9A6-CFB1-4207-B45D-9288695AE2A4.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 198
Here’s another one I hauled home.
Non-cat, model 74? What year? Don't look half bad with the gold trim, does it? Where did you have it, and how did it do?

Non-cat, model 74? What year? Don't look half bad with the gold trim, does it? Where did you have it, and how did it do?
It’s actually a Buck 21 non-cat. It was a real nice heater, one of my favorites. We heated with it most of one season in the last house. My wife got mad when I sold it.
Now that I’m thinking about it, I’ve hauled off a lot of nice stoves over the years. I always used them to make sure they were in safe condition before I sold them.

Reactions: Woody Stover
Wasn't the Freedom Bay another house haul?

That was a steal of a deal