Tags:
  1. tmsjava

tmsjava
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 8, 2018
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jackhammer

jackhammer
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Aug 21, 2015
    Loc:
    western ma
    Softwood have less ash, more heat and cost more. If you can get to Monson, I buy my pellets from Squire Lumber. They have a good selection. They deliver depending on your location, I’m in Brimfield. I didn’t see prices on the ones you are looking at, I would get the Lacrete or Energex. Your Harman stove will burn anything really so it’s a matter of how often you want to clean and how much you want to spend. I wasn’t able to get a great deal on anything this year so I bought 3 tons of Vermont wood pellets for $300/ton. I would read some reviews on the ones you are looking at and maybe try 2 different kinds. Some folks buy 10 bags of one, 10 of another to see how they burn in their stove. Lots of good opinions here, lots of experience!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    agree...
    hardwoods do not leave Less ash..I stopped buying hardwoods because of that.
    some better brands of hardwoods leave less than others..Cubbies maybe?
    I would deffinitly go with the LaCretes which are a Sprucewood.. i burned a ton couple years ago.
    burned Energex hardwoods which left a lot of ash but never the Energex blend..

4. Pete Zahria

Pete Zahria
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 6, 2014
    Loc:
    New Hampster
    We have 8 brands of pellets. More than anyone around.
    All softwood, except for one blend.
    For the woodburners turned pellet burners..

Of those brands. I like the LaCrete..
    Actually I like them any way!

Dan