Any opinions on Lehman's Compressed Wood Bricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

illini81

Feeling the Heat
Apr 7, 2017
Southeastern CT
So I am a week away from running out of my good wood, and am about to enter marginal wood territory. I checked the moisture content of several pieces of wood in my next stack, and got readings between 20 and 28%. I have three cords of marginal wood, but I'd rather buy wood for this year, and let the marginal wood further dry into good wood for next year.

The trouble is that I have contacted 6-8 firewood dealers in the area, and none of them season wood for longer than a year. Since oak is really prevalent in my area, there's a pretty good chance I'd end up buying marginal wood... so for the past few days I've been trying to find a supplier of compressed wood bricks. For some reason, the closest supplier I could find is about 40 minutes away.

However, I just found that there is a store called Lehman's (I've never heard of them) that will ship compressed wood bricks. With a coupon code I found, shipping is free, so they come out to about $250 for a ton of bricks. Seems like a good price. I was wondering though, are compressed wood bricks like pellets, in that quality can vary drastically? If so, has anyone used Lehman's bricks?

Thanks!

Andrew

Actually I didn't look close enough - Lehman's is selling Bio Bricks, not their own brand. Looks like there are a lot of threads on Bio Bricks on hearth.com, so I take it that they are an established brand.