any regency i2400 users out there?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyothom

Aug 11, 2014
Stephentown ny
I purchased a used regency i2400, manufactured in 2010. I installed it with 23 ft of ss liner in a chimney and insulated with vermiculite. It did not come with the blower or the surround and I have been using it that way. Its been putting out great heat but I found it burns too quickly even with the air regulator at the minimum setting. Using an ir thermometer, the stove top gets to the mid 400s or more. I'd say the burn does not last more than 4 hours. Would using a blower cool the stove somewhat and help give a longer burn? Am I wasting fuel/heat by not using the blower? I suspect not having a stove surround in place helps the hot air to circulate out of the hearth. I am satisfied with the heat output for my 1500 sq ft house, but if it would increase the efficiency a lot, I might spring for the blower unit. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Are the baffles in the correct positions? They should have the seam running front-to-back.
They should be spread apart to either side as far as they can be & the rabbet cut on the seam
should still have a bit of an overlap.
They should be seated towards the rear of the firebox on top of the secondary air tubes.

Reactions: fire245
I purchased a used regency i2400, manufactured in 2010. I installed it with 23 ft of ss liner in a chimney and insulated with vermiculite. It did not come with the blower or the surround and I have been using it that way. Its been putting out great heat but I found it burns too quickly even with the air regulator at the minimum setting. Using an ir thermometer, the stove top gets to the mid 400s or more. I'd say the burn does not last more than 4 hours. Would using a blower cool the stove somewhat and help give a longer burn? Am I wasting fuel/heat by not using the blower? I suspect not having a stove surround in place helps the hot air to circulate out of the hearth. I am satisfied with the heat output for my 1500 sq ft house, but if it would increase the efficiency a lot, I might spring for the blower unit. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
The blower will cool the unit a little but check your gaskets and also look at your burn tubes. Make sure there locked all the way right so no air can leak from the secondary air intake. Lastly the air feed for the secondary burn is behind the surround. So not having one may be causing more air to enter the stove if you have a draft up the chimney

I have been using one for many years now and I burn exclusively softwood. If I time it properly and stuff enough wood in I can have enough coals to relight after 8 hours. It will really pump out heat for about four hours though.

If I want the heat to get into the room the inset is in I will turn the fan on and if I need to warm the upstairs I leave the fan off. I don't think it has any effect on burn time except you aren't supposed to turn the stove down low with the fan on.

I do have a Regency i2400. I can't imagine running it without the blower but if you are satisfied with the heat then I would live with what you have. If you do decide on getting the blower you can always shut it off.
The stove top is not the right place to get a temp reading since there is a extra layer of metal there. Try the front above the latch. I am afraid you will have to live with your short burn times. I find I have to restart the stove every morning. (not about to reload in the middle of the night)

Status
Not open for further replies.